The Daily Dose of Internet is one of my favorite chill channels. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. It is difficult to NOT watch too much TV during the lockdown. As a lover of zombie movies, I noticed there are MORE zombie and epidemic movies lined up in my Hulu and Netflix this month. One of my favorites is “Kingdom” from South Korea. Just like the way they reacted to the coronavirus of today, the South Koreans in the show systematically wreck those zombies UP!
Edit: toilet paper roll count is 27.
1) an observed joy- Yesterday I received an inquiry from the Opportunity Council and the local food bank if any of our families would like to have a box of food from the food bank delivered to their homes. YES! Two of my moms cried tears of relief over the phone when I shared the news with them. (I’m crying again thinking about it.) It is never a good time to be poor, more so during a lockdown. The trauma level double folds.
2) a real concern- I am concerned about my case families. They all have kids, little to no income. Searching for jobs during a pandemic is discouraging, to say the least. Bellingham is a mix of have and have-nots like most American cities. However, in my 52 years, I’ve lived in 8 cities, and Bellingham is one of the most giving communities I’ve had the pleasure to live in. Regardless, every day of this lockdown the vice grip twists down on our nation’s lower and struggling working-class tighter and tighter. I will continue to search for opportunities for the families during this time.
3) a personal challenge- Once again my brain is not in full pandemic mode. At the grocery store the other day, I stopped in the aisle before the checkout lanes, thinking I forgot something. While I was in my own head, my peripheral vision noticed a wide-eyed woman standing, staring at me. It took me a second to figure out why. I was standing in the middle of a space, with less than 6 feet on either side for her to get by me. She patiently stood there waiting for me to wake up and move to the right to let her pass. Thank you lady for your patience.
4) one personal success (no matter how small)- I read for an hour, prayed for 20 minutes and meditated for ten minutes.
5) a random thought (no matter how silly)- The community board appears to have an increase of “found” pets. Are people kicking their pets out due to the costs to feed them?
Here is one of my favorite photos. Be safe. Be healthy. Be patient. Be well. -spl