Toilet Paper Count: 23 rolls
1) an observed joy- Shouting “good morning!” across the street to other neighbors out for walks. There is a shrug that accompanies the hello. It’s a subtle “what the hell is all this? oh well, good morning” kind of shrug.
2) a real concern- I’m doing too much stationary activity; sitting at my computer, naps, watching TV. My concern will transfer to a personal challenge to take two one hour walks a day.
3) a personal challenge- Challenged myself to order one meal delivered to help the restaurants. I’m concerned to spend my money on more that one a month at this time. I selected a local restaurant (not a chain) and ordered through Viking Food, a local food delivery service. Total cost for lunch with tax, fee, and the tip was $38.
4) one personal success (no matter how small)- Today I was able to convince a few members of Bellingham’s monthly discussion group, Poetry Club, to meet via Zoom. We’ve met every month since October 2015. I’d hate to skip a month due to a pandemic. Also, three out of six of my family members that live in Western Washington met online this evening. It was great to see them and hear how things are going in their area.
5) a random thought (no matter how silly)- I am wondering if Republican run states are getting more pandemic resources than those with Democratic governors.