Are Medusa’s leg hairs tiny snakes?
Here is another poem draft. It is the middle section of a longer poem. I think it can stand by itself. What do you think>
After the Evening Shift
The cat jingles behind us
awakes an owl perched
on a thick branch above
quickly breaks pass the
mill street corner lamp
1) an observed joy- The chickadee birds in my neighborhood make me so happy. A great joy about working from home, I hear them all day.
2) a real concern- I’m hoping the president doesn’t get in the way of the nation’s efforts to rebound from the virus. The west coast is coordinating the reopening of the towns, county, and states. Science, not ego, will save us.
3) a personal challenge- So many challenges.
4) one personal success (no matter how small)- Everything on my to-do was checked off.
5) a random thought (no matter how silly)- Where is my upstairs neighbor? She’s been gone for a week. It’s not my business, but WHO is traveling and why? Just wondering.
I’m pretty tired tonight. Feeling fatigued. Here is my mood illustrated by a meme. I hope you have a super day. -Shannon
Like my writing? Want to hear me read my poetry? Of course, you do. Please visit https://chickadeeproductions.bandcamp.com/releases and download some today. Only $1.00 a poem!